Elote Mexican Corn
February 1, 2013
Posted by on
Traditional Elote usually has:
* cayenne or chipotle powder – something red and spicy!
* crumbly cheese sprinkled on top and melting into the corn crevices
* butter or mayo for slathering before you drench in the dry ingredients
* additional flavorings like chopped cilantro, jalapeno and more
Now here’s my healthier version (shown in the photos)
Mexican Chile-Cheezy Corn on the Cob – Elote
vegan version, serves 2-3
2-3 ears corn, husks removed – kept whole – stem in tact
1/4 cup vegan jack cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp vegan butter – or vegan mayo
1/4 cup nutritional yeast – yellow cheezy flavor
1 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
garnish: lime wedges and chopped cilantro
1. Prep your spices dish by combining all dry ingredients and setting aside on a plate – then boil your husked corn until tender. Less is more if your corn is fresh!
2. Wipe down your corn so it is dry – but be careful because it will still be quite hot from boiling.
3. Rub the corn in butter or mayo – until slathered on all sides.
4. Now quickly roll your slathered corn in your spice mix. Do this only once – too much handling and the spices will begin to clump. Place each corn on a serving platter.
5. Dash a bit of extra chili spice over top your coated corn. Sprinkle cheese over top. Garnish and serve!
Dallas Wedding Caterers offer their services for special events including Weddings and Ring Ceremonies.
Dallas BBQ Catering also provides perfect BBQ food, reasonably priced and presented in the authentic Texan style.
Call: 972-741-8864 to discuss your Dallas BBQ catering needs
The Finest BBQ & Sports Grill in Grapevine is Big Racks BBQ