Fallin’ Off the Bone Oven BBQ Ribs
September 14, 2012
Posted by on
tasty bbq ribs
For the Ribs
* 6 lbs baby back ribs
* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
For the Sauce
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1/2 cup minced onion
* 1 1/2 cups ketchup
* 1/2 cup beer (or water)
* 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
* 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
* 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard
* salt (to taste)
* pepper (to taste)
* hot sauce (to taste)
Prep Time: 1 hr Total Time: 3 hrs
1. —Preparet he Sauce—.
2. (Sauce can be prepared up to one week ahead).
3. Saute onion with butter in a saucepan until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat and simmer about 35-45 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
6. –Prepare the Ribs—.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
8. Cut the ribs into individual pieces.
9. Toss the ribs with the vinegar, then sprinkle with the brown sugar.
10. Wrap the ribs tightly in foil and place on a rack in a roasting pan; fill bottom of roasting pan with water up to 1/2 inch deep.
11. Cover roaster and place it in the preheated oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours, checking occasionally to add water at the bottom (keep 1/2-inch there as needed).
12. Remove roaster from oven, drain water from bottom and remove rack.
13. Unwrap ribs and place them in the bottom of the roaster.
14. Pour sauce over the ribs (as much as you desire up to the whole amount), and toss ribs to coat with sauce.
15. Cover the roaster, return it to the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes more, or until the ribs are tender and darkening around the edges.
16. Remove from oven and serve.
Dallas Wedding Caterers offer their services for special events including Weddings and Ring Ceremonies.
Dallas BBQ Catering also provides perfect BBQ food, reasonably priced and presented in the authentic Texan style.
Call: 972-741-8864 to discuss your Dallas BBQ catering needs
The Finest BBQ & Sports Grill in Grapevine is Big Racks BBQ