Tangy Soda Brisket
July 23, 2012
Posted by on
About This Recipe
“This is my merged take on William Sonoma BBQ Brisket and Cola Brisket You will need 2 days of time and a whole lot of patience .A lot of steps but so worth it!”
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Coca-Cola
- 8 garlic cloves
- fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked pepper
- 3 vidalia onions ( medium)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce fresh ginger
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon thyme, sesame seed, sea salt, sumac blend ( Zahtar)
- 3 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 2 -4 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup regular ginger ale
- canola oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup root beer barbecue sauce
- Mix Marinade( 2 cans of regular Coke 8 cloves lightly smashed and peeled garlic,Half a large ginger root peeled and cut in to garlic sized chunks.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons (or to taste) Sriracha
- 2 TBS salt and 2 TBS of fresh Cracked Pepper together in plastic bowl.
Page 2 of 3Tangy Soda Brisket (cont.)
- Stir until sugar is dissolved (it will foam and bubble) and pour over brisket in a Ziploc bag. Place bagged brisket in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Pre Heat slow cooker on highest setting with 1TBS of canola oil.
- Cut 3 medium Vidalia Onions into slices.
- Mince five cloves of Garlic.
- Peel but keep whole the other ginger root half.
- Remove Brisket and discard marinade liquid and contents.
- Dry off brisket with a clean paper towel.
- Place brisket in cooker and sear on high for 2 minutes on each side.
- Drop heat to low.
- Stir in 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 cup red wine 1 TBS Zahtar 3 tsp Ras El Hanout 2-4 TBS Sriracha½ cup Brown Sugar and ¼ cup BBQ sauce 1 cup regular ginger ale.
- Work until tomato paste is dissolved and the remainder of ingredients are incorporated
- Add in to slow cooker, onions, garlic and ginger root.
- Cook for 6-10 hours on low. (This depends on your slow cookers heat retention).
- When meat reaches desired tenderness, (you should be able to pull a bit from the ends easily) Take out of cooker and let it rest on counter for 1 hour.
- Score fat side of brisket.
- Pre heat Grill on lowest setting (about 175 to 200 degrees)
- While meat is resting, reduce Au Jus in cooker on high for about an hour, Strain out onions.
- Place rested meat onto grill fat side down. Baste with Au Jus and BBQ sauce.
- Grill on each side for 30 about minutes each (looking for good grill marks and some char).
- Slice Brisket thin, serve over top of onions and spoon over spicy Au Jus and remaining BBQ sauce.
Dallas Wedding Caterers offer their services for special events including Weddings and Ring Ceremonies.
Dallas BBQ Catering also provides perfect BBQ food, reasonably priced and presented in the authentic Texan style.
Call: 972-741-8864 to discuss your Dallas BBQ catering needs
The Finest BBQ & Sports Grill in Grapevine is Big Racks BBQ