Product Review: Fire Magic Diamond Series Echelon E1060i Built-in Gas Grill
April 25, 2011
Posted by on
Fire Magic gas grills are among the best in the world and this is their biggest and most powerful grill (also the most expensive). There are so many great features on this unit that there just isn’t enough space to list them all. This is the perfect grill for large gatherings. You can rotisserie a couple of turkeys, or simply grill about 200 hamburgers. If you need a giant grill for your custom outdoor kitchen, this is the perfect unit. It will do anything and there are dozens of optional features and accessories for this unit. The construction is amazing and no detail is too small.
- Best quality stainless steel construction
- Huge cooking area
- Amazing rotisserie system
- Independent grilling zones
- Four 30,000 BTU E-shaped cast stainless steel burners with four individual grilling areas
- 1,060 square inches of primary grilling space
- 120,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Two flush mounted 15,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burners with full kit included
- 3,000 BTU internal smoker burner with wood chip tray
- Hood design keeps the elements out of this grill
- Internal halogen lights
- Digital built in thermometer with meat probe
- Available with welded rod stainless steel or porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Made in the United States by R.H. Peterson Company
Guide Review – Fire Magic Diamond Series Echelon E1060i Built-in Gas Grill
R. H. Peterson’s Fire Magic line of Gas Grills are some of the best on the market and this is the biggest and the best they make. This unit have a maximum of 120,000 BTUs from four dual controlled cast stainless steel burners under 1,060 square inches of primary cooking space (you can get welded stainless steel rod or porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates).Ideally this is the perfect grill for your company, resort, hotel, empire, or any other outdoor kitchen. It is huge and with a starting price over $7,500USD it is the kind of grill you don’t buy for the occasional cookout. The superior engineering of this unit means you can rely on it for excellent cook and to put up with a lot of punishment. There isn’t a part about this grill that wasn’t worked over and analyzed to death.
One of the particularly nice features on this grill is the divided fire box. Each of the four burners (dual controlled)is placed into a divided box to focus the heat of that burner onto the cooking surface. This lets you fire up one of the four zones to cook over and still have fantastic heat without preheating the entire grill.
Some of the optional accessories for this unit include a remote controlled automatic lid opener. Yes, you can open the lid on this grill by remote control (if you get this option). There are also a wide range of side burner arrangements you can go with as well as everything else you need for your custom outdoor kitchen.